A look back in time
Between 1829 and 1842 Ordnance Survey Ireland completed the first ever large-scale survey of an entire country. Acclaimed for their accuracy, these maps are regarded by cartographers as amongst the finest ever produced. As the national mapping archive service for Ireland, OSi has captured this and later mapping data in a digitised format. These maps are particularly relevant for genealogy or those with an interest in social history. Click here to view the entire archive of historic maps.
Sample Price List
- 6 Inch Colour (1829-41) A4 PDF €24
- 6 Inch B&W (1829-41) A4 PDF €10
- 25 Inch B&W (1897-1913) A4 PDF €20
- 6 Inch Colour (1829-41) A0 or Full Sheet Print €100
- 6 Inch B&W (1829-41) A0 or Full Sheet Print €50
- 25 Inch B&W (1897-1913) A0 or Full Sheet Print €80
Please note: All prices listed above are exclusive of VAT and Post & Packaging where appropriate.
Intermediate sizes are also available and can be ordered on our online store
If you would like to purchase Historical Mapping in digital format please contact our Digital Sales department. Visit our story map “The creation of Historic Mapping – A Tale of almost 200 Years of Mapping.”