Bord Gáis Networks is a business unit within Bord Gáis which builds, operates and maintains the natural gas network in the Republic of Ireland.
Bord Gáis Networks required a Geographic Information System which could achieve the following:
- Integrate disparate datasets.
- Visualize and analysis data for relationships and patterns.
- Create accurate representation of the gas network.
- Provide higher quality service in efficient, safe and cost effective manner.
The solution integrates Bord Gáis network information with OSi Spatial data and digital mapping for analysis and planning purposes. The Gas Network can be displayed and cross referenced with geocoded location information and address databases. This gives the user streamlined access to all data required in an easy to read visual format.
- Rapid access to up-to-date network information across the organisation.
- Significant reduction in man hours for design.
- New applications and services e.g. Dial Before You Dig.
- Increased support for customers.
OSi Data Bases employed:
- Large Scale Mapping.
- Small and Medium Scales Mapping.
- High and low level imagery and orthophotography.
- Height models and Lidar models.
- National Boundaries and small areas database.