On location or online we have more ideas for everyone this Halloween
Halloween is an exciting time to get outdoors and enjoy this much-loved festival. Whether you love this time of year or dislike it, children all over Ireland have a wonderful time. We also have online events and the Epic museum have online events to keep everyone happy.
Here are some last-minute ideas to enjoy with your family and friends over this holiday period.
Online Halloween events from EPIC Museum, Dublin 1.
If you are struggling with online ideas for Halloween, then Epic has the answers to keep the little ones entertained over Halloween.
Halloween History at home pack.
- Free to download from the Epic museum site
- Great for children over 8 years.
- Host your own Halloween event.
- Learn to carve a turnip
- Find out all about Dracula.
Here is the Epic museum link:
Samhain at Bunratty Castle and Folk Park, County Clare.
Samhain was the ancient Pagan tradition celebrated in Ireland and marked the end of summer.
Today this festival is a favourite of children. Bunratty is concentrating on old Irish traditions for this Halloween event. Meet the Halloween characters who will be all dressed up. They will be hiding all around you.
Check this link for more information and book your tickets in advance:
Halloween at Airfield Estate, Dundrum, Dublin.
Make your way around this ever-popular, child-friendly, estate located in Dundrum, Dublin. Remember to have your worksheet with a pencil to hand as you follow the path of the black cat.
- Self-guided activity to help you and your family enjoy the estate.
- Enjoy the craft activity daily.
- Create your own mask inspired by the farm animals.
- Story time for the little ones.
- Craft table available.
Family tickets are available.
Please see this link for Airfield and book your place in advance:
Birr Castle Halloween Pumpkin Trail, Birr, Co Offaly.
Birr castle, which dates back to Anglo Norman times has survived sieges and also a fire, hosts this lovely Halloween event.
- Pumpkin trail is included in the general admission price.
- Treehouse adventure playground also open.
Here is the link to the Halloween Pumpkin Trail at Birr Castle:
Halloween events Spooky Goings-on at Castlecomer Discovery Park, Co Kilkenny.
Castlecomer Discovery Park has two Halloween experiences for children.
This wonderful park has 80 acres of fantastic woodland and also exciting tree-top walks up in the Sycamore treetops. This amazing walk is 140 meters long and must be seen. The park also has 6km of walking trails to explore.
Here are two of their events for Halloween:
Nature detectives event.
- Family Bug and Nature Hunts
- Hunt takes place in the forest.
- Suitable for children aged over 5 years.
- Fun insect exploration for the children.
- Session lasts approximately an hour.
Discover the outdoors this mid-term break with a family-friendly scavenger hunt.
- Family friendly scavenger hunt.
- Find the clues along the way.
- Try some crafts too.
- Surprise at the end of the hunt.
Booking is essential for these events at Discovery Park. Here is the link:
Sign up for our eNewsletter and Marketing emails and be sure to get more great posts
"*" indicates required fields