Which Halloween event will you attend this year?
Here are events around Ireland.
Get your masks and costumes ready for Halloween as this is a really popular family holiday for children throughout Ireland. Ghosts, witches, or ghouls, which will you see this Halloween? Will you dress up and go trick or treat or visit one of the many events throughout Ireland.
Here are some of the great events from around the country. Celebrate this wonderful festival by dressing up and enjoying the day.
First, we travel to County Meath and the ever-popular and famous Tayto Park.
Tayto Park Tricky Trail event.
This year, Tayto Park is launching a Halloween Treasure Hunt with a difference for everyone to enjoy. The trail starts in the music-filled Haunted Halls which gets everybody in the Halloween mood.
- Find your way on through the maze keeping an eye out for the wicked witches and scary scarecrows with your treasure map in hand to find the hidden clues.
- Vampires and ghosts will be around every corner of this fabulous experience for all.
- Your day will be packed with magic here in the park.
There are lots to enjoy at this great Halloween event.
Make sure to book your ticket well in advance for this wonderful magical Halloween experience as all places must be pre-booked for this event. Here is the link for the park.
Púca Illuminations: The Spirit of Púca inhabits Slane Castle
This year, the historic Slane Castle has two separate amazing Halloween events.
The Spirit of Púca inhabits Slane Castle
The first event, The Spirit of Púca inhabits Slane Castle, transforms the castle grounds into a magical kingdom. Experience the wonder of Halloween at this amazing event:
Here are some of the exciting performances to be seen:
- Dancers, theatre-makers, and Púca come alive for the festival.
- See the spectacular routines by aerialists performing acrobatics high above the ground.
- Experience strange and peculiar creatures emerge from the darkness.
- Explore Our Darkest Night along the 1km walk around the castle grounds experiencing all the spooks of the holiday.
- Discover the grounds and woodlands around the castle which is transformed for Halloween.
- Catch a glimpse of the castle façade which will come alive with film.
- This event kicks off in the Slane castle Distillery space.
This experience is suitable for all ages.
To book tickets for this experience, follow this link as all tickets must be booked in advance.
Halloween Spookfest at the Barn, Rock Farm Slane.
The WonderWorld crew have this Halloween Spookfest party all ready for the little ones.
- Children will enjoy dancing, games and lots of fun.
- This is the Halloween party, especially for little ones.
- Spookfest is a child-friendly party and not a scary experience for little children.
- This Interactive show lasts over an hour.
- Wear your best Halloween costume for the show.
- Treat bag with goodies.
All Halloween Spookfest tickets must be booked in advance and here is the link:
Now we are off to the south of Ireland and County Cork.
Pumpkin Picking at Joe’s Farm in County Cork.
Pumpkin picking is a wonderful Halloween activity for children who love getting outdoors on the farm. Book your place for this great activity and see how the children love running around to pick their favourite pumpkin in the fields. This event will be loved by children.
If you would like to pick your own pumpkin, then this is the farm for you.
- Tickets are available for pumpkin pickers.
- In addition, tickets for non-pickers can also be booked.
- Selected dates are available in the month of October for ticket holders.
- As this is a working farm, remember to wear warm clothing and pack your wellies and rain gear too.
It is essential to book all your farm tickets in advance. Here is the link for all further details of the farm and bookings.
Next, we head to county Kildare to the wonderful Irish National Stud.
The Irish National Stud, County Kildare. Spooktacular event.
The world-famous Irish National Stud are running this great Spooktacular Halloween event. This experience includes not only internationally famous horses but lots more to entertain all the young folk. This day out will keep the little ones fully entertained. Here are some of the highlights:
- A full day out to enjoy.
- Spooks and lots of pumpkins.
- Crafts for all.
- Storytelling and magic to delight the little ones.
- For the horse lover, the stud has Falabellas. These are an Argentine breed of horse and are among the smallest breeds.
The children are encouraged to dress up in their best Halloween costumes for the visit.
It is essential to pre-book your tickets for this event. Here is the link.
Next we head back to Dublin city for our next events.
We have an over 18s special Halloween event in the centre of Dublin.
The Leprechaun Museum Waking the Dead event for over 18s only.
The Leprechaun Museum offers two different Halloween experiences, Waking the Dead and also the Dark Land Tour.
Waking the Dead is an immersive spooky event for over 18s only.
- You will experience a traditional Irish wake.
- Join the mourners to celebrate the life on the deceased.
- Explore Irish traditions at this event.
- Get to know the Irish superstitions at this time of life and death.
Dark Land Tour for over 18s only.
For something a little different, you can experience the dark side of Irish storytelling in this special Halloween event. If you are feeling fragile and are easily scared, then be prepared to be very scared as these tales are not for the fainthearted.
It is essential to book your tickets in advance and here is the link:
The Nightmare Realm RDS Dublin.
Be really scared in the three new haunts at the Nightmare Realm at the RDS. Here is an idea of some of the scary experiences:
- See Church of the Damned with terrifying creatures pursuing any visitors who enter the dying village. Be afraid.
- Would you want to eat the meat from The Butcher Boys in this very scary experience?
- Will you survive the Panic Attack experience which brings your worst fears to the surface?
Here is the link to book tickets for this scary event:
Sign up for our eNewsletter and Marketing emails and be sure to get more great posts
"*" indicates required fields