Santa Claus events around the country this Christmas
Santa is coming to a location near you very soon. You can meet the Elves, Santa Claus, Mrs. Claus, Reindeers and enjoy lots more too.
We have compiled a selection of great events from around the country – Galway, Westmeath, and Dublin amongst other locations to help get you started this festive season.
ElF TOWN GALWAY – Galway Racecourse, County Galway
All the elves along with Santa, Mrs Claus, Dasher and Dancer are back from the North Pole and busy in Galway getting ready for all the children to visit Santa.
Here are some of the great experiences that are available:
- Jack Frost’s Ice House where you can take photos in this real ice house
- Postie Elf where children can write and send letters to Santa
- Rudolf the Red Nose Reindeer Puppet
- Elf Terrace where you can listen to great stories and even throw snowballs
- Decorate Christmas cookies with Mrs. Claus
- Visit Santa who knows all about the little children visiting
- Keep a look out for Glitterpants-the head elf
- 2-hour experience in 3 different buildings and over 4 floors
Santa’s toyshop is a real treasure trove. Santa gives each child a gold coin, that can exchange for any gift that they like in the elf workshop.
There is a special photo opportunity where the children can have their photos taken with Dancer and Dasher – who is the fastest reindeer.
When: 25 November -23 December
Times: Attraction lasts approx 1.5hours
Where: Galway Races, H91 V654
Click this link for more information and to book your tickets:
WILD LIGHTS AT DUBLIN ZOO – Magic of Life in the Phoenix Park
This light-filled night-time event returns again this year to delight children of all ages with even more beautiful displays. This night-time experience at Dublin Zoo, is back with an exciting brand new theme – The Magic of Life!
Here is a glimpse into this year’s event:
- Over a thousand light-filled lanterns light up the night shining a light on biodiversity
- Walk through the illuminated woodland scenes
- Catch a glimpse of the giant bees
- Discover the beauty of the rainforests
- Meet the undersea creatures too
When: Now until 9th January 2023
Thursday – Sunday from 5.00 pm – 9.00 pm (Last entry is 8.00 pm)
- December & January:
Monday – Sunday until 9th January
Closed Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, and St. Stephen’s Day
Check out this link for the Wild lights The Magic of Life for information on booking:
The Christmas Experience 2022, Tayto Park, Ashbourne, Co Meath
This experience is loved by everyone who visits and especially at Christmas time. Guided by Santa’s head elf, Jingles – meet the elves busily preparing for Christmas before visiting Santa House, where Santa himself is waiting to meet you.
Here are some of the great experiences to explore:
- Reindeer stables and meet Snowy
- Call into the Dream Dorm and see Lazy Bones
- See Candy Land filled with sweets and special treats
- Drop by the Navigators Control Room where Santa’s journey is being planned
- Take time to visit Santa and collect your special present
- Your visit last about 1 hour
When: December: 2,3,4,9,10,11,15-23
Here is the link to book your visit:
BUNRATTY CASTLE, COUNTY CLARE
Welcome to Bunratty Castle and Folk Park, where you can experience the wonderful 2022 Christmas Trail of Lights.
The elves have been very busy here in Bunratty Castle and prepared this wonderful Trail of Lights. Spread across the park’s extensive 26 acres, take a wander along the park’s charming paths and enjoy an array of illuminated festive displays where you will enjoy the real spirit of Christmas and meet all the fun-filled festive characters, such as Scrooge and the Grinch.
Here are some of the great castle experiences to enjoy:
- The Abominable Snowman of Bunratty
- The Giant Christmas Jumper of the Earl of Thomond
- Traditional Nativity Scenes.
- Traditional Victorian Kiddies Carousel Rides for a fun experience
- Mrs. Claus working in her kitchen at the Golden Vale farmhouse
- The Puppet Shows are back again this year. And run several times each day
- Remember to check out the specially illuminated Village Street also.
Look out for the Bunratty Polar Express which will take you through the woodland and see the Fairy Village and lots more.
The Giving Tree. All gifts donated by our guests can be placed under the tree and will be donated to a local children’s charity on 23rd December.
When: 25 November -23 December
Here is the link to book your tickets for this great festive experience:
Have a wonderful festive time at one of the many Christmas events around the country and let us know your top places to visit around Ireland.
Sign up for our eNewsletter and Marketing emails and be sure to get more great posts
"*" indicates required fields