Ordnance Survey Ireland (OSi) is committed to achieving total customer satisfaction through vigorous innovation and constant improvement of its business processes.
The organisation’s mission is to create, maintain and provide the State’s definitive mapping and geospatial information services to support citizens, business and government.
The organisation’s vision is to be the national provider of trusted, maintained geospatial data and platforms to ensure the State’s location data is easy to find, share and use.
To fulfill the above, OSi will develop and maintain a practical but comprehensive Quality Management System (QMS) based on its stated commitment to customer satisfaction and continuous improvement.
This policy embraces the following key principles:
- The satisfaction of customers, both external and internal, shall be the primary focus of the Quality Management activities.
- The customer satisfaction objective is to successfully deliver to customers high quality, cost effective products and services on time, every time.
- All staff shall have individual responsibility for understanding and applying the Quality Policy in the performance of their tasks.
- Technology partners and suppliers are integral to the Quality process and the organisation shall work closely with them to meet customers’ needs
- OSi management is fully committed to the Quality Policy through active participation in Quality improvement activities and the setting of measureable objectives.
- The system shall be reviewed annually by management and periodically assessed through the schedule of internal Quality audits.
- Full compliance with the OSi Customer Charter and all relevant statutory and regulatory requirements, including Health & Safety.
This policy is reviewed on an annual basis at the Management Review meeting. Download the PDF version of this policy document here.